Changes in Altitude
Changes in Altitude | 359 Hounds Run, Townsend, TN 37882
Tennessee Family Vacation Resorts
Changes in Altitude is an Executive or Family Retreat, and part of the Dancing Bear Lodge and Appalachian Bistro Family. This gorgeous property is available to book exclusively through the Dancing Bear Lodge Sales Office by calling 1- 800-369-0111 ext. 3. If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway, Townsend, Tennessee is the ideal destination for you! Locally known as “The Peaceful Side of the Smokies,” this charming town boasts immense natural beauty, a friendly atmosphere, and an abundance of outdoor activities. Come experience the best of Townsend from this phenomenal custom mountain home “Changes in Altitude”! This getaway for Executive or Family Retreats is approximately 4 miles from our Townsend/ Dancing Bear, 6 miles from the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, 25 miles from Gatlinburg and 18 miles from Pigeon Forge, the shopper’s haven of East Tennessee, and only 30 minutes from the Knoxville airport (TYS). “Changes in Altitude” is a custom mountain home consisting of 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, all nestled on 22 wooded private acres at 2000 feet above sea level looking directly into the beautiful Smoky Mountain National Park. As soon as you drive through the electric gate at the base of the mountain, you’ll fall in love during the 1.25 mile climb up the asphalt paved driveway towards the luxurious mountain escape affiliated with our Tennessee family vacation resorts.
Recently updated with floor-to-ceiling windows, gorgeous hardwood floors, and tasteful decor throughout the 4200 square feet of beautifully appointed living space, you’ll find everything you need to feel as comfortable as humanly possible, including:
- Master Bedroom: (upstairs) King-sized Bed
- Bedroom 2 (Upstairs next to kitchen): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 3 (downstairs): Queen-sized Bed
- Bedroom 4 (downstairs): 2 Twin-sized Beds
- Queen /sleeper sofa downstairs
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Dining area (seats 8 comfortably) & bar area (seats 4 more), adjacent to the dining room
- Wireless satellite internet access
- Stacked washer and dryer
- DirecTV with premium channels
- Two stacked stone, real wood fireplaces (wood provided – seasonal usage)
- 6 person hot tub
- Antique pool table
- Multiple decks with gorgeous views
- Whole house music system with 14 speakers throughout both floors and both outside decks
- Access to a community pool & workout facility
Additional key features include:
– Prime location! Adjoining the Smoky Mountain National Park (by car, the Park is about 6 miles) and Laurel Valley Golf Course, and as close as you’ll want to be to shopping/ lunch at Apple Valley, and Dinner at Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro. The hustle and bustle of Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg is very close, but worlds away! – Option to hire Dancing Bear’s private chef starting at $500 per dinner occasion for 4 guests (minimum), including all “materials” excluding taxes and gratuity. Menus custom provided by Chef after client consultation.
Families and corporate guests alike will enjoy:
The home’s 4 lovely bedrooms, each with a private bath, serve as tranquil retreats complete with private decks where you can enjoy stunning views of Mount LeConte, Thunderhead Mountain, and Rich Mountain. Impressive private bathrooms extend off all 4 bedrooms, featuring granite countertops, tile floors, and tub showers. The upstairs master bedroom features a fabulous outdoor shower with private porch and tranquil views into the valley. After a memorable day in the great outdoors, or after a day of Corporate meetings, prepare a delicious home-cooked meal in the fully equipped kitchen, or inquire about our private chef (from Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro) to custom prepare a fabulous meal in your kitchen to suit your timing (5-10pm EST, 7 days a week). Our private chef starts at $500 for a party of 4, inclusive of all food, excluding taxes, gratuity and alcohol. Later, perhaps settle down with a good book in a chair on one of the two screened in porches, enjoy the stars on one of the two outside decks, or soak in the soothing comfort of the upstairs hot tub. For corporate guests, meet at our Lodge during the day, and continue the discussions during the night in the privacy of this lovely mountain retreat. This is complete privacy at its best with no neighbors on either side of Changes in Altitude’s 22 hardwood filled acres. On cool nights during any season, we provide plenty of firewood to enjoy the crackling sounds of a warm fire in the main great room or downstairs living area. Families may enjoy a movie or sports on the 46 inch flat screen TV. Throughout your stay, you’ll also get to enjoy access to the community’s pool (during warm weather months) and spacious private workout facility with grand mountain views just a short drive away. This is Townsend and the Great Smoky Mountains at its best! You certainly won’t have to venture far from this property to enjoy exceptional outdoor recreation and easy mountain access! Golf enthusiasts will be delighted by a game of 18 holes at the breathtaking Laurel Valley Golf Course, a short 6 minute drive from the house, adjacent to the same pool and workout facility area. For a day of outdoor adventure, head out on a drive to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, where you can hike and bike through the pristine Cades Cove loop and spectacular Abrams Falls trail or the many trails throughout the park. During the summer, you’ll love spending time on the river, fishing for trout, or tubing with our friends at River Rats. For more “tourist” attractions, head to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg (approximately 30-45 minutes away) for mountain roller coasters, go carts, Dollywood, and more! Be sure to save some time for shopping and browsing at Apple Valley Country Store and Dancing Bear Mercantile Store, or have a casual lunch at Apple Valley Cafe in Townsend. You will receive 10% off at Apple Valley Cafe as a guest of Dancing Bear. Dancing Bear Appalachian Bistro is the area’s best restaurant as evidenced by the rankings in Trip Advisor! Please make reservations for dinner in advance on Open Table or by calling 865-336-2138. Regardless of how you choose to spend your time during your stay in Townsend, you’re bound to have a once-in-a-lifetime getaway at this incredible vacation/ corporate retreat rental home!
- No smoking anywhere on the premises. A $400 fine will be imposed if this policy is violated.
- No pets allowed
- No parties or large gatherings
- No children under the age of 16
- Must be at least 25 years old to book this house
- 4 GB of free Wifi is included! If you need/want more, it’s $10/per GB due to satellite charges from 3rd party vendor.
- Premium Movie Channels provided at no charge. Rentals/ On Demand movies via DirecTV charged at a cost of $19.95 per movie. Pay Per View sporting events billed at cost plus $25.
This gorgeous property is available to book exclusively through the Dancing Bear Lodge Sales Office by calling 1- 800-369-0111 ext. 3.